Founding Engineer (m/w/d)
Carré Mobility is Europe’s leading platform for flexible and sustainable mobility in real estate!
We started Carré in July 2020 with the mission to make new and green mobility options easy to use for everyone in housing districts. Together with the housing industry, we aim to create life-friendly cities instead of car-centric ones. Our goal is to work towards a world in which green mobility becomes an integrated part of every appartement complex, thereby saving the housing industry a significant amount of money. We aim to enable more than 35,000 housing companies which own over 70 million apartments all over Europe to provide green mobility to their tenants and, by doing so, save them 5 billion Euros. As you can see, it’s a true win-win situation!
We are on a mission to build a category-leading company that revolutionizes mobility in housing districts and becomes a unicorn in the best way possible. Join us and become a part of this mobility revolution, contributing to a new, greener interpretation of what mobility should look like.
Mobility is freedom – Why tie oneself down with owning?
We are looking for a Founding Engineer (m/w/d) to join our central office in Berlin (remote is also possible). We need a strong partner to join our management team and work alongside us full-force, to realize our vision of a new and green mobility right where people live.
Your tasks as Founding Engineer for Carré include:
- Developing the existing solution further in a hands-on manner, which includes both frontend and backend. Ideally, you are a full stack developer.
- Planning and keeping track of Carrés development cycles.
- Building up Carrés inhouse development team and leading it.
- Monitoring and maintaining the technical infrastructure to ensure optimal performance.
- Deciding about which technologies to use in the future.
- Collaborating with the CEO to ensure the technology platform aligns with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Playing an active part in future fundraising rounds.
Your competencies should include:
- Being confident in jumping into an existing Flutter and .NET stack, navigating through it with ease and taking it to the next level at a rapid pace. We are open to discuss change of technologies at a later stage.
- Taking ownership of what you are building and putting the user experience at the center of product development.
- Having a proven track record of building successful, user-centric, and intuitive smartphone applications (for both iOS and Android platforms), preferably in the shared mobility sector.
- Being familiar with building scalable infrastructure.
- Having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
- Being comfortable to present your work in front of clients / investors or to hold workshops.
- High level of commitment, including discussing important topics or working on code that needs to be completed for the customer, even in the evenings and on weekends if necessary.
What can you expect?
You will be part of an intrinsically motivated team, where trust and respect for each other are at its core. As part of our management team, we offer you the opportunity to have a significant influence on the (further) development of our company. Together, we will make sure that Carré lives up to its full potential.
- You will be making a true impact on how people move in the future. Our MaaS-platform can be the gamechanger revolutionizing the future of mobility!
- A six-month mutual try-out phase with a negotiable monthly salary.
- After a positive try-out phase, we would welcome you as if you were someone from the original founding team and offer you a long-term position in our company for a fixed annual gross salary, along with the fixed prospect of equity shares (cliff and vesting).
- An open and flexible working culture. We have our headquarters in Berlin and love to work together from there on set days. Otherwise, we believe that it’s important that we achieve our goals, and for this it doesn’t matter from where or when you work.
- Your success is our inspiration. You can be part of our mobility revolution as a human and not a number n.
If this description sounds like you, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org right away.